Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Day 4

Field Day. It went okay I guess. The kids were APE SHIT crazy. Some of them cried. Most of them just kind of bounced off the walls. And threw water balloons at each other. And me. Even though it was cold out. But it was fun.

And we had a big kickball game. That was great. Kickball rules!

Today I went back to the school I used to work at in Naperville. I had to do a quick observation. And it was really nice to be back. I love going back but I get stressed out because of having so many people I need to talk to in such a short time. Especially today...I had to speed from the Field Day in Downers Grove and got to N'ville about 45 minutes before the end of the school day.

Now I will talk about Beth Langley, the support teacher I worked with at that school. She was out for the entire school year on medical leave. She has been very sick. The parents of the kids in the school are really coming through for her though. A collection is being taken up because apparently the family has some exorbitant medical bills. Giving money is something they are good at over there. Which is nice. Anyway, Mrs. Langley is a great teacher who has been very important to me, both professionally and as a friend. I remember last March when, on the first two days of the NCAA Tournament, she would peak into my classroom every 15-20 minutes to update me on all the scores. When another staff member teased her about the way she was spending her day she said, "My job is to keep Mike happy so he can do his job." She is one of the people I have to thank for my current career plans. So if you pray, please say on for Beth Langley. If you do not pray, keep her in your thoughts...it works the same way.

Well...that took it out of me much more than I had thought it would.

Also, the ninth inning of tonight's Cubs game took a year off my life. But they won.

Happy Summer Everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It does, indeed, work the same way. I'll say a prayer. I rarely do anymore, but I will.