Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day 38

Today I started school again. I only have one class this summer and it meets on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. It is Critical Literacy. It looks pretty interesting. We're going to talk about things like prison art. The professor can't be much older than me. He's got long hair and a lip ring so you know he's pretty cool. I'm also about 65 percent sure he was stoned. This is the only class he teaches. His real job is at the Cook County Juvenile Detention Center where he teaches kids how to write and record music. Which is great.

I also worked this afternoon with one of my kids. That wasn't so great. I don't think we really got anything done at all today. So it goes.

I just started watching a new show on DVD. It is Mad Men. So far I like it. But mostly I just like watching TV shows on DVD. I don't ever care to rent movies again.

Cubs lost. So sad.

I finished my review of Tha Carter 3. It's really long. I'll post it on here once it is up on Consequence of Sound. Actually, screw that, I'll post a link to it. I want as many hits as I can get on there. Name recognition, bitches. I also discovered a side effect of this gig that I had not thought of today. I stopped at Best Buy after work and saw a bunch of albums I've been meaning to buy, including the new Sigur Ros. I looked in my wallet. Forty dollars. Not very much and I should put a little gas in the tank. I better only buy one album. I begrudgingly walked to the new release aisle and picked up the new G-Unit album. I have to write a fucking review.

Peace.

No comments: