Friday, July 4, 2008

Day 40

So today Paul called me in the morning and we decided to go up to Milwaukee tomorrow and go to the Brewers game and see the Roots at SummerFest and hang out with Ellis for the Fourth of July. AWESOME! So we called Ellis and made all the plans and I spent the afternoon going to the bank and looking up parking information and tickets and all and being generally excited about a REALLY fun Fourth of July.

So then apparently after this whole day of excitement Krissy decided we can't go because Paul has to do wedding stuff all day ON A FUCKING HOLIDAY! Apparently when she had told him he could go she was "assuming that he would do the right thing and not go." And people in my house continue to say things like, "Mike, how come your little sister is getting married and you are still single? Isn't it about time for YOU to get married?" Well in all honesty the whole last year has set my desires to get married back about ten years.

So anyway...we went to Taste of Chicago tonight. It was extremely crowded. And there was a lot of animosity in the crowd. Saw a couple fights break out and gang signs get thrown up. And apparently there were four shootings in the Loop.

The fireworks were pretty good. I thought they were better than the last few years.

I watched No Country For Old Men with my dad but I think I fell asleep.

No comments: