Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 52

Ok...I wasn't going to do another one today but this game just won't end so I will go ahead and get all the way caught up.

General Wedding Thoughts

The wedding weekend was a whole lot of fun. This didn't really come out in my blog entries too much but that is just because I was too tired every night to write everything down.

The nicest thing was seeing so many people. Since the wedding involved my sister and one of my best friends practically everyone I know was around for the weekend. Almost too many people because there were a lot of them that I did not even get to spend any time with. I spent most of the weekend hanging out with the Dudes...many of whom I have not seen in a LONG time. The weekend really was just one big party.

And the wedding was all very well done. It seems that all the ridiculous hours and money that went into it actually paid off. The reception hall was very nice. So was the service. The rehearsal dinner was one of the best meals I have eaten in quite some time.

I still don't necessarily understand why anyone would want to put so much time, money, and stress into a wedding. It seems like people would rather enjoy their weekend than run around stressed out about little last minute details. And I can't imagine why anyone would want to spend an entire year of their lives working on a wedding with all their spare time. I am all for a small destination wedding. But that's just me.

Anyway...everything has calmed down now. Everyone is gone. Except for Grandma and Grandpa. They are still here.

I had two hours of class today. Waking up was a bitch. But then I was home by 12:30 and had a nice laid back afternoon. I got a few things accomplished and then took a dip in the pool with my dad and my grandma.

And of course I watched the entire All-Star Game. Or I suppose I should say I am still watching the All-Star Game. It is now the fifteenth inning.

Oh yeah...Paul just called me from his honeymoon. It seems that he and Krissy are at a small bar in Door County and apparently they just missed Dusty Baker by a few minutes. Apparently Dusty is spending his All-Star break in Door County and he happened in to watch the game. So that is kind of, ummm, cool.

Anyway...big weekend coming up with Pitchfork and Rock the Bells. And big day tomorrow with eleven hours of tutoring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the wedding and I agree on the smaller wedding thought! Have a lot of fun at Pitchfork, offer a beer to the chubbiest latina or black girl so that you can feel somehow I am there chugging beers and not paying you back :)