Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 10

Birthday Day!

I am 28-years-old now. Most people don't think I am that old. I guess this is considered a compliment when you are older and an insult when you are younger. I am kind of in between so it is just kind of the way it is. For what it's worth, I don't think it really matters one way or the other. I could be 28 on my way to 103 or I could be 19 on my way to 37. It's not about how many years you have been here, it is about how many years you have left. And that hardly matters either. But I have to imagine I have quite a ways to go in that department. Yes, there will be many more years of fun for me.

Now...as far as birthdays go this was a pretty damn good one. I had class all day which tried with all its might to be a hindrance to my enjoyment. Back-to-back, EXTREMELY boring classes. So I broke it up by going to Ruby Tuesday's with classmates for lunch. But still...by the time that second class ended...my golly.

I stopped at Borders on my way home because they sent me a nice little 25% off birthday coupon. I was going to get that new Spiritualized album (one of the bands I will see this summer!) but they did not have it. I was going to get something else but I could not decide what. So I didn't. I will go back later in the weekend. Now you know.

So the birthday evening had two rounds. The first one was with family. They gave me all manner of gifts. Mostly a bunch of clothes...which is good news because I need clothes but I hate spending my money on clothes when there is fun to be had. And now I have Pumas. I also have a ticket to Neil Diamond. I was going to go with my parents but now they seem not to be going. So we'll see what happens with that. Then we went to Sweet Tomatoes for supper and ate a lot.

Round 2 of birthday evening was at Buffalo Wild Wings where a small gathering of friends and family got together to watch the Cubs game. And some of them brought me gifts, which I was not expecting but YAY! It was a fun time talking with friends who were not all friends with each other, but all seemed to get along just fine. And the Cubs won.

I'm not an attention hog at all in real life (though I am on the web.) But it is nice to have a birthday every year to be the center of real life attention. It seems fair...everyone gets ONE a year. There may be nothing as fair and balanced in all of American middle class society than the concept of "BIRTHDAY". And that's all I'm going to say about that right now.

I need to stop doing these the day after. It is much harder to collect my thoughts on something that happened yesterday and it defeats the purpose of ending every day with a reflection on the day. But I was too tired last night. I should be on with Day 11 late tonight.

Also...before I go...

OBAMA!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

McCain is my homeboy.

But... let's forget about that for a second and happy birthday, I haven't been around lately but it'll be nice to read all of this once I am able to

xoxoxo