Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 17

So a couple hours ago I went over to feed the cats. I fed them and the fish. Then I sat down to watch the last inning of the Cubs game. And then I heard a bunch of curious meowing in the kitchen. Not terribly odd since there are three cats in the house. So I look over and all three of them are congregated together...something I don't think I've ever seen before. And then I realized what it was...

A MOUSE!!!

EEEEEEK!!!

It scurried across the floor and the cats chased it around. And I jumped up onto the wall that divides the family room and the kitchen. Now this may seem funny and all but I had a pretty good reason for this and that is that mice are fucking scary when they are inside. Not when they are outside. If I see a mouse outside I don't think anything of it. Because they belong outside. But a mouse that is inside is out of its element. It is on human (or cat) turf. Everything is kind of twisted with the world when the mouse is inside. It's like frogs. If you see one outside you will probably pick it up and lick it or something. But if you are at the breakfast table and you see a frog on the table you might scream or something.

ANYWAY...the mouse ran under the fridge and I took the opportunity to get down. The cats kept batting at the mouse and I left while they were all occupied. I'm not sure what happens now. Do the cats eat the mouse when they catch him? Or do they just torture him? If Itchy and Scratchy are to be believed it isn't going to be a pretty sight. I sure hope they eat him so there isn't a dead mouse to worry about tomorrow.

So it was a pretty good day. And it has a story. And I went cd shopping after class. I bought three!

Cool Kids - The Bake Sale
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter 3
Spiritualized - Songs in A&E

Also found out that Isaac is DEFINITELY in for New York so that rocks. And I think I made the decision that I am going to take a taxi to my hotel from the train station. I am not terribly interested in walking the four blocks from the subway to the hotel at night with all my possessions, including my computer. How the hell would I blog every night if my lappy got jacked? And I found a fare finder dealie on the interwebs that said it would cost about sixteen bucks for a cab. I can live with that for the peace of mind.

And I had Noodles and Company for lunch! Wisconsin Mac and Cheese with some tofu in it.

And the Cubs won. Not bad, not bad. Long day of work tomorrow.

I'm Mikey. I Rock.

No comments: