Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 21

So I just finished spending a ridiculous amount of time playing Dolphin Olympics. Most addictive game ever. And part of another productive evening.

My new church is the Lakeview Seventh-day Adventist Church. I like it very much more than my old church. I think it is just a good group of people. Today we had a picnic at Horner Park after church. Ate lots and lots of food and then sat and chatted with the people. And threw the frisbee around. (Sheesh...frisbee doesn't pass the spell check.) I think what I like is the diversity of the congregation. Racially, age-wise, idealistically, everything. There aren't very many people there and they all get along well. You know...it is much more liberal than most churches, but it is not an arrogant liberalism. People may come to church not too dressed up but they aren't doing it to make a point. Furthermore, the liberal faction of the church does not feel like they need to be secretive about their differing ideals or hide them from the more conservative members. And there are some very conservative members. What I'm saying is that the church works well. I may expand on this another day. That's all I have right now.

Anyway...it turned out to be HOT out today. Pushing 90. And I think there was some kind of Puerto Rican fun day or something because they were all out all along Western Avenue waving flags and honking car horns and such. So it was nice to see them having such a good time.

Just beautiful outside.

After I fed the cats tonight I just drove around. It was about sunset and I listened to the Wrens and Band of Horses, two of my favorite sunset bands.

I think that is actually all I'm going to say about today. It was actually a very nice day. And the picnic was lots of fun and I could say more. But I'm not going to because I want to watch Six Feet Under before I go to bed and I have a marathon day of homework tomorrow.

It's about to get crazy....NEW YORK!

No comments: