Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 13

So I had this idea about an hour ago that going to Seattle for Bumbershoot would be an excellent way to spend Days 99, 100, and 101 of my summer. The lineup right now is not jaw-droppingly spectacular but the tickets are cheap and I have a place to stay. There are enough good bands on the lineup to fill the days, including T.I. and Beck, both highlights for me. Then I looked at airfare and realized there is nothing for under $400 and that kind of put an end to my fanciful thinking.

Still, if they add Prince like the rumors say...I would have to think long and hard. The thought of wrapping up the best summer ever by dancing in the Purple Rain is almost too much to bear.

Now...on to real life stuff. I didn't wake up till about eleven today. And then it was already time to get ready to go to my three hours of work. And when I came back I mowed the lawn and trimmed the hedges and so much for doing much of anything else today. Not that I would have anyway. Jus' sayin' is all.

I am feeding cats for the next ten days. That is fun. After I fed them tonight I went to the 7-11 and got me a watermelon fruit punch. Very tasty and sweet. And I opened the sunroof and listened to Band of Horses. They must be in my top ten favorite bands to listen to on summer evenings. At least their first album.

What else...I sat out on the porch eating Chile Rellenos and talking about pre-destination with my dad. And it was dark out but all the little kids were running around playing a game called "Dead Man." I think it is kind of like Marco Polo without water or something like that. But I could be wrong.

Mostly I just can't believe how little really happened today. I don't really feel like the day even began. I am so used to eventful things happening. But today was ok anyway.

Anyway...tomorrow I may try to make it to Blues Fest. I may not. I really should stay home and do a little homework since I will be in the city all day on Sunday. But how likely is that?

Peace...

No comments: