Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 8

Most of the group felt pretty rough on Sunday morning. I was not one of them. I think that the two hour rebound actually worked to my benefit because I woke up at about 11AM (7 hours of sleep!) feeling great. We straightened up the cabin a bit, doing things like boiling water to wash the dishes. And it did not smell too good in there. We took off a few minutes before 1:00.

A few miles down the road the whole caravan stopped at a place called Frosty Tip. It's just a little stand off the highway with some killer cheese curds. And of course ice cream. A weird thing that happened at the Frosty Tip is that we seem to have gotten kicked off our bench by a gang of elderly bikers. Didn't see that coming.

The drive back to Chicago was long and uneventful. Thankfully the timing worked out and I was able to listen to the Cubs game. Especially nice since Ellis and Seth pretty much passed out from the moment we got in the car. We dropped Ellis off at the Applebee's and arrived back at my house at about 7. Seth left soon thereafter.

All in all...a delightful weekend. The first of many summertime highlights. There are many more things I could say about the weekend, but I have to keep it pretty minimal when I am forced to do so many posts in a row. But this weekend was all about socialization and friendship. And that is really what life is about. So I certainly felt more alive this weekend than I have in a while.

I'll talk at ya tonight...

No comments: