Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 24

Once again posting in the morning. Not ideal, not ideal.

I finished two classes yesterday. Now I am done with everything. I did two presentations and the professors seemed to LOVE them. So that was cool. In the morning I did my presentation on the assessments I did. I wasn't sure how I was going to do in this class since I did on of my assessments, well, the day before. But I'm pretty sure I nailed the presentation at least. Then in the afternoon I did an impromptu presentation revolving around Dead Prez' "They Schools" which set off a huge class discussion...so that's always a good thing. My point was that whether we agree with individual bits of the song, or the language they use, the point is that they are representing the views of a sizable population that deserves to be listened to, which made the teacher happy. And she even talked about the importance of rap for awhile after that and pointed out to the class that there is lots of great philosophical writing about rap music (which always amazes me that people are amazed by this.)

Anyway...I think it went well. I finally got my first grade back. It was a "B". My first one. But that's okay because it was the class that I thought I did terribly in.

I came directly home after class and just chilled. Watched the Cubs, read for awhile, not much. Now it is off to work just four hours today, then get ready for the trip!

No comments: