Monday, June 9, 2008

Day 16

So the first thing that happened today was that I couldn't find the fish that I am fish-sitting. I thought maybe he was dead but it seemed like he would be floating if he were dead and he was not floating. So I dropped some food in and he still didn't come out. And he didn't seem to be under the rocks. So I was kind of worried about that. But when I stopped by on my way back from work, there he was, swimming away. So false alarm that. And all the cats seem to be alive as well. So good day over there.

What else?

Not much. I started summer hours with my kids today. And one of them was missing. Which was kind of cool because I had a little extra time for homework and I also had a chance to read more of Sudhir Venkatesh's book. It just gets better and better. Seriously...go buy this book. You will not regret it.

Hmmm...I had an extremely difficult time sleeping last night. Must have had a lot on my mind. And I have been practically shooting caffeine into my bloodstream the past few weeks. So I'm a little jittery. I should probably cut that shit out.

New York seems to be falling into place nicely. Sadly, my old friend Michael is not going to be able to make the trip. But Isaac may which would be nice. Ten days from right now I will be on an Amtrak train for the first time in my life.

I think that is it for now. I am tired tonight. And I have to get up early. I am mulling over attempts to go to the Cubs game either tomorrow night or Thursday afternoon. If I don't I probably will not get to a game until July. But it probably would be best to save my money for New York.

Peace...

No comments: